Wednesday, March 30, 2011

CH 22 Teaser


I know, I know...worst author EVER!!!! I could give you the excuses that I've been sick with sinus colds and migraines for over a month, or the fact that I just got a new puppy and she's taking up every spare second I have, but I won't. I'll just say it plain and simple: I suck! This chapter, for whatever reason, has been so difficult for me to write. And even after working on it for this long, I'm still not happy with it. But, here's a teaser anyway. It might change as I'm still trying to get the chapter to a point where I actually feel it's acceptable. 

Thanks for sticking with me. 

~~~

It had taken me three hours to talk myself into getting into my truck and coming to the clinic this morning to get some help. Every time I would approach the front door ready to leave, I chickened out and went  back to the living room to do some more research on things I could do myself to help, so that I wouldn’t have to admit how broken I was to anyone else.

But no matter how much research I did or now many ‘self-help’ pages I found, my symptoms checklist didn’t lie. I needed help. Professional help. 

It was ultimately the re-reading of Edward’s email four times that got my ass in the truck and my truck to the clinic.

2 comments:

  1. we will not allow you to beat yourself up, seriously woman, stop being so hard on yourself.
    just write from the heart and stop second guessing yourself, i just had a thought, since you are spending so much time with a new puppy, how about adding her to the story line?nothing is better than the unconditional love of a puppy to get you back on track. this could be a good tie in with helping her depression- just a thought
    you know that we love you and are here for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the teaser. I read it a few days ago but was in a hurry and didn't have time to comment. Don't beat yourself up too badly over a delayed posting. I liked Karen's idea about the puppy. Maybe Edward could get one for her, to keep her company and remind her of him when he's not around? Just a thought. Then you could really use RL as an inspiration to write. I suggested this song to you once before for inspiration, but I'll recommend it again, just in case. When I have writer's block for my fic, or need to write in a hurry, I use music as an inspiration and it almost always gets the words pouring out of me in a hurry.

    song rec: I Think I'm Ready ~ Katy Perry
    Perfect for Bella if you ask me. You can YouTube it...

    Good luck!

    ~Hitchy

    ReplyDelete