Sunday, August 7, 2011

CH 26 teaser

Hello all, 

I can't believe people are still reading this story. I am sooo sorry for the constant delays in updating. It looks like I'm posting about once a month and I HATE that. I just don't have the time or the brain power to post sooner. So sorry. As an apology, here's 2 teasers for the next chapter. 

~~~

Ever since I got home from work, I had been warring with myself. I sat on the side of the bed, clutching Edward’s letter in my left hand and my phone in my right. I dropped the phone beside me and re-read the letter that was left on his pillow this morning.

Good morning, Love,

I hate leaving you when you’re asleep, but I can’t bare to wake you up when you look so peaceful.  I don’t think I’ll ever get used to leaving you in the morning.

I’ll be home from work tomorrow around noon.

Thanks for listening to me yesterday.

I love you.

~E

I closed my eyes and let his words give me strength. Home. He said he’d be home after work. He thinks of my house as home. That simple thought gave me the strength I needed to pick the phone back up. I dialed the number without any thought and waiting as the ringing began.

“Hello?”

~~~
I put my truck in park, kicked off my sandals and walked along the grass at Madison Beach. It was where Edward had taken me the day after the initial dreaded conversation with Charlie. I sat on the grass, regretting not changing out of my white pants after work, and just stared out onto the water.

Jacob was getting married.

1 comment: