Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chapter 28 Teaser


Hello all, 

Although this is VERY rough and hasn't even been edited by me yet, I thought I'd give you all a quick teaser for the next chapter.

~~~

Edward and I sat side by side in the small, cold lobby. I clutched his hand tightly in mine as I looked around the reception of Dr. James Wylder’s office. The dull yellow walls, motivational posters and racks of pamphlets looked as if they were staged to make the patient comfortable, whereas in reality, it looked old, depressing and sad. Not quite the place you want to be when you were sad and depressed to begin with.

I looked to the table beside me that was scattered with old magazine and books and a title caught my eye.  The title “You’re Not Good Enough” in big, yellow letters took up the entire cover of a hardcover book. The smaller writing underneath indicated that the book was written by Dr. James E. Wylder. I picked up the book, wondering what type of therapist would title a book like that, and flipped it over to get a synopsis of the novel. But instead, there was a large black and white picture of a man staring back at me. It was a portrait of Dr. James Wylder, sitting behind a desk with his elbows resting on the tabletop and his fingers tented in front of his lips. The thing that caught my attention though was his eyes; they looked unkind, untrustworthy and cold.

“Hey, that must be the book James was telling me about.” I looked over and saw Edward reading the back cover over my left shoulder. I passed the book over to Edward to peruse and went back to analyzing the un-motivating motivational posters. For some reason, the picture of James gave me the creeps.

1 comment:

  1. omg i can't wait to read chapter 28 its sounds awsome i know this is a random qesiton but will edward and bella break up at some point ?

    ReplyDelete