Friday, July 23, 2010

CH 3

Hello everyone,

Once again, huge thanks to everyone who read and reviewed. I know the teasers a bit late, but here it is.

~~~

We were silent for a while, just thinking about what had been said and the true reality of the situation. By the look in her eyes, I could tell that Alice had never really noticed how the group dynamic had changed, and I couldn't blame her. By this age, I should be in a relationship, should be financially stable and able to purchase a home, instead of renting and living paycheck to paycheck.

Alice's unfocused eyes turned to me with a look of worry and concern that I had never seen on her face before. "The wedding," she started shyly, "is it too much? Do you...do you not want to be..." she couldn't finish her question as a shaky breath came out of her mouth. She sniffed, swallowed and started rambling before I could answer her. "I'm sorry Bella, I really didn't know how hard this was for you. If you don't want to be int he wedding, or if it's too hard, or too much for you, I completely understand."


No comments:

Post a Comment