Saturday, July 17, 2010

CH 2

Hi all,

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who has read and reviewed the first chapter. The reception it has gotten so far has been astonishing. As a reward, here's the teaser, 3 days earlier then planned.


~~~

Alice took in a deep breath before opening her mouth again to start.

"Jasper and I had a long conversation last night and he told me what's been going on with you." My eyebrows immediately squished together in confusion. I didn't really know what to say. Jasper himself didn't know what was going on with me since I never did take him up on his offer to help. I quickly swept my eyes over to him and saw that he was looking at me with such apology and pity that I instantly had to bite my bottom lip to hold back tears.

Alice reached across the table with her left hand to encompass my right. "Bella, why didn't you tell me that you were so unhappy? I mean, I know that I'm not always available with the wedding planning and everything, but when Jasper told me that he's known you've been suffering for years now, I just...I can't believe you didn't tell me."

"So what exactly did he tell you, Alice?" I asked, my sadness and confusion morphing into full out anger. My best friend was turning our traditional Sunday brunch into an intervention, in public no less.

~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment